Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I deal with my ex regarding a stupid cell phone bill....?

I owe $500 on ';his'; account. I told him I would pay my half, but seeing that I was forced to move out b/c of his infidelities w/ our 3 kids, I used ALL of my money to find a new home. Now he is pissed at me saying this is why he don't deal with me b/c I should have taken care of this bill prior to moving out. I told him, I would not of had to move had he respected me and been faithful. I've been gone for 2 weeks, am I wrong for saying my priority right now is paying my rent for July instead of a balance I owe on his cell phone acct? He's mad b/c his phone is going to be disconnected. But people, this cheater had several Metro pcs ';h*e'; phones he kept in his car. I'm sorry, I can't feel sorry for him, b/c he didn't w/me when it came to the women. Right now I am bitter and looking out for me and my babies. So what's the best way to let him know that to keep the peace. I really want to let him have it (verbally).How can I deal with my ex regarding a stupid cell phone bill....?
This is HIS account - his credit - personally - why are you worried about it and even asking this question. I would NOT worry about it. If he wants to sue me for my half - so be it, but, I wouldn't pay a dime until then. My children / My rent would be top priority- not his/your cell phone bill/ his credit. He cheated - now he can deal with it.


Go up to the child support office and file for child support. that should also be a top priority right now.


Best of luck to you and your kids!How can I deal with my ex regarding a stupid cell phone bill....?
Tell him that you are going for child support, that you will gladly pay your bill, but at this time you aren't able to. It will take you until _____. And then just go after his money for child support. If you have three children with him then you could get up to 25% of his income (at least in my state) for child support.
Try not to talk about those kind of things with him at all, it will all get spelled out in the divorce settlement. Your right, your first priority is to taking care of your children. If your looking to keep the peace in this situation then just don't talk to him about it. Good luck.
go see an attorney right away and start child support. He will soon learn that the $500.oo is a small price to pay for lying. Your top prioroty right now is a place for your kids to live and food for them. Bills come second.
Take care of you and the babies like you said....screw him and his phone bill ! Dont even talk to him ! You will be demeaning yourself by letting him have it....so let him be an a**hole somewhere else ! Get on with your new and probably happier life.
Who's name are the phones in? I would let the company shut them off. You need to take care of yourself and your children - he's a grown man - let him pay his own bills.
I would have left the kids and the unpaid phone bill behind.
I totally understand where you're coming from and if I were you I'd be bitter too. But let me give you some advice from a legal standpoint.





1. You owe him for the cell phone bill.


2. If he kicked you out of the home and demanded that you leave immediately he owes you money for moving expenses. (If you chose to move out he doesn't owe you anything and you might even owe him money for rent and bills for the rest of the month.)


3. He should be paying child support for your three kids. If you haven't already, contact a lawyer to get the ball rolling.





Now I know that my advice won't make you feel much better. Despite the fact that he cheated, you are the one who owes the money for the phone. But I bet that his child support payments will quickly add up to more than what you owe for the phone.
first kudos to you for being strong enough to leave a cheating man.. and putting you and your kids first!


i would get an attorney right away and let them do the talking..


i think that would send the message that YOU don't have the time for him or that you don't want to waste your time dealing with buII Shlt!


PLUS an attorney can help deal with other things that you might not know your entitled too..


when my ex and i broke up (weren't married; lived together 4 years %26amp; he left for another woman) we were fighting over a new car we bought together and i went straight to an attorney and ended up getting more than i was originally asking for.


You are completely right in deciding to look out right now for you and your kids.


He cheated so why bother feeling sorry for him, he didn't care about you when he was cheating right?!?!?!!!!


and its a dumb cell phone bill, he should be worried about his kids not his phone being disconnected!!!


Do what you feel is right, put you and your kids first!


-- Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment