Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I make my boyfriend understand more about my borderline personality disorder?

I was diagnosed a few months ago, and only sought treatment after I cheated on my boyfriend. I didn't physically cheat, but I was talking to someone else and the conversations became sexually promiscuous. We broke up for a week or so, but decided to work things out after I found out bpd was the cause of my infidelity. We're working on trust issues that obviously won't go away over night, but I was wondering what information can I give him to make him understand a little more about bpd, and how to deal with dating someone that has it, and why it led me to hurt him in such a way when I didn't even realize I was doing it? It's hard for me to deal it it enough, but I can only imagine what he's going through too since he's dating someone with personality disorders (I also suffer from paranoid personality disorder.) Only serious answers please. If there's anyway to ease the situation and help him to trust me more, I would like to know.How can I make my boyfriend understand more about my borderline personality disorder?
I don't have any resources to recommend but I do commend you for seeking treatment. That's the best thing for you and your future happiness, with or without your boyfriend. I think telling him about your disorder and that you are going to a therapist is essential. I think also keeping him informed of how you are feeling, and most importantly, how much you appreciate him for supporting you and that you really do care about him is what will keep you together. That assumes you really are compatible and good for one another.





Relationships are about supporting your partner in what each of you need to be the best possible people, for yourselves and for each other. If your bf is a good guy and if YOU really care about him and want to do what's best for him, you'll be fine. Stick with the therapy and communicate with him openly. Good luck.How can I make my boyfriend understand more about my borderline personality disorder?
cheaters are very bad
  • blue hair
  • good myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment