Friday, August 20, 2010

Mother in law advice?

ok I need help, I have a mother in law who used to be my best friend/ aside from my hubby. She was awesome. Long story short, she did a lot of horrible things, ended up divorcing my f.i.l and blaming everything on him and ';his infidelity'; when come to find out it was actually the other way around. It has really hurt a lot of people but she is now remarried to a man nobody really cares for, she is sneaky and manipulative, and blames others for her doing. I havn't spoken to her in almost a year. We have moved recently and have a one year old little boy now, the problem is that we live next door to the grandparents, (her parents) and they keep trying to force us to love/ like her. They don't know what she's done and we don't want to upset them by telling them, (they are very stuck in their was and probably wouldn't believe us anyhow). The big problem is now she is coming up for a visit for over a week and will know if I am home or not obviously. I can't hide, but I can hardly stand to be around her and her ';husband'; who by the way picked up my five month old BY THE WRIST to move him!!! He should not be around children, he's a careless clumsy oaff around them. I don't know what to do. OH! and to top it all off, another soon to be sister in law is also coming and my darling mother n law told her that I (in reality she) said all of these nasty things about her, which were comments that I might have agreed with, but that originated out of her mouth!!! How do I deal with my brother in law, his soon to be wife, (who probably hate me) and my ';darling sweet innocent'; mother in law?????Mother in law advice?
Ask the grandparents to please stop pushing your mother-in-law on you. Explain that you don't care to discuss it any further, but that things have happened to have caused a strain in the relationship between you and her.





Don't even try to hide when she comes to visit. If she shows up at your door, crack open the door and tell her that you don't feel you and her are at a place in your relationship that you would feel comfortable inviting her in. Just say ';too much has happened and I really don't care to socialize with you';. Close the door and go about your day.





Don't let this woman and her husband steal any more of your time or energy. Go on with your life and don't waste another minute thinking about her, her husband or things she's said or done. She doesn't deserve it. I guarantee she's not spending any of her time or energy thinking about you.





If you want to have a favorable relationship with your brother-in-law and his soon to be wife, then you should make amends now. Apologize for your part in the conversation with your mother-in-law and simply explain that she had twisted things. If you do have issues with your future sister-in-law, now may be the time to straighten them out.





Good LuckMother in law advice?
Sounds like the perfect week to go to the beach or visit your parents. Take the kids.
I'm sure your family would love to see you that exact week the mother in law is visiting.
I'd go on vacation that week, somewhere far away from these looneys.
just tell here
You do not have to have anything to do with these people. You do not have to let them in if you are home or not. Tell her parents when they pressure you NO we are not doing that and we have our reason. Tell them that they do not know the extent of what went on and what goes on. Tell that that your decision is made and not open for discussion and then do not let it be. They cannot force you to do anything that you do not want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment