Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Should I stay with my boyfriend after I found out he cheated on me over a year ago?

I would love to give a huge love story, but the truth is, i'm exhausted on the subject. Rattling the clues, the what-if's through my brain. I need tips on how to let it go, or how to move on, or what to do in general. My boyfriend admitted to cheating on me 3 months into our relationship (we have been dating for a year and a half). Not so bad right? Guy's slip up before dropping the L word and committing? Wrong. 5 months ago the girl he cheated on me with (before he admitted it to me) e-mailed me and told me. He convinced me not to believe her and further delete my account where she was messaging me on. It all didnt add up to me. So for the past 5 months I have been trying to drop clues that it was ok and he could just tell me. I have been troubled because deep down i knew he did it, with all the clues laid out to me. I have secretly been giving up hope with him but at the same time holding on to him to see signs of hope. I finally snapped a week ago and decided I can't hold onto a relationship that I would constantly have these impure thoughts in the back of my head. I voiced this to my boyfriend and he admitted to the infidelity as a way to cure my restless head. Saying he thought me going crazy would be less painful then the truth, but decided he was wrong with that conclusion.


So here I am loving the honesty of the over a year ago infidelity. Nothing now is hidden or a secret, but I still feel like crap. It was only months into the relationship right? Whats the big deal?.... but he let me go crazy for the past 5 callign me ';insecure'; for not trusting him, and ';unattractive'; for worrying. I love him so so so so much. I am just tired. He plans on moving to my city when he gets out of the military so I know he has plans to keep me in his life. I need advice for my hectic mind. It is hard to leave someone you love, and it is hard to stay with someone that tires your soul. My mind can't stop wondering if that was the only time, because he obviously has trouble admitting to things. Or, am i the one with issues, should I drop it and enjoy what I have. A beautiful, kind, loving man.





Thank you,


20 and cluelessShould I stay with my boyfriend after I found out he cheated on me over a year ago?
awwww. I'm so sorry for your heart ache. I know that it must be really rough on you. Do you have any friends that you can go to for support and advice? I can tell that you really love him, but I can also see that he really left a dent in your heart. Going on with a relationship after you have been cheated on is very very rough. Pretty much everything has changed. Even though it was a month into the relationship it should not justify for what he has done. He also lied to you for months about it. I don't want to tell you to break up with him but you seriously have to some time to yourself and ask if it's really worth the pain? I know it may seem like he's the guy for you, but sometimes things happen for a reason and putting this relationship behind you may be an option that you have to seriously consider. You should not let what he did to affect you like this. You're 20 years so you are very young. Don't let this one guy play around with your love. I think you deserve to be treated better and not be lied to or hurt. Remember if he won't treat you right eventually some guy will come along in the future and will. But, all in all the decision is still up to you. Good luck.
  • blue hair
  • good myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment