Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can my relationship recover from infidelity?

I cheated on my bf last week with one of his family members. He knows now and we went back and forth over how I violated his trust and how I let him down. I did not plan for this to happen, and I know I can't take it back. I don't have feelings at all for the other guy and it was really just a sex thing. For me, dealing with the guilt has been the hardest thing. I feel like I'm a despicable person and I just don't wanna live. I also feel like he can do anything to me, and I can't be mad at him because of what I did to him. My bf said he is willing to work it out. How do we go about rebuilding our relationship? How can I get him to trust me again? How do I work through my feelings of guilt?How can my relationship recover from infidelity?
You should start over from the beginning. You haven't met yet. Tell each other everything about yourselves. When you have the conversation ';oh have you ever cheated in a relationship?'; tell the story. It will help you move past it to the more wonderful parts of your relationship. At least, it worked for my relationship.How can my relationship recover from infidelity?
trust the guy that he is willing to work with you on it. His family member was also at fault do not forget that. You must be a beautiful person to have such an awesome boyfriend. If you believe in Jesus you can ask him for forgiveness and to help you change. Ask him to take away the pain and hurt. Nobody is perfect and obviously you have a heart otherwise it would not matter to you. Give it time. Concentrate on your current relationship
If he goes back to you he is an idiot. Cheaters cheat.





It is unfair for a non monogamous person to try to pass themself off as monogamous and go around ruining the lives or real monogamous people. Be honest about who you are and date other honest non monogamous people. Will make the world a better place.
Time for you to move on .. From past experience once you loose it . It is never the same and he is not the man you have been with before this happened and there must have been a reason this happened so you are not so happy anyway.
i may be able to help what family member was it tho?
Good on you for feeling guilty and wanting to work things out... you are very lucky that your boyfriend wants to work it out as well!





Well first of all, now that trust is broken it will be very hard to rebuild. That only comes with time. A lot of time.





Just take things very slow at your boyfriend's pace. Btw he can't use your infidelity as a means to get whatever he wants. That isn't fair and if he does then tell him so - because you know you are guilty, you are sorry and want to move on.





So just show him that he's the only guy you have eyes for! But don't suffocate him. Give him space and a lot of time to get over the episode.





Good luck!
1. Put yourself in your boyfriend鈥檚 shoes and describe how he was hurt by you.


2. Show real remorse and express your true feelings.


3. Explain what you are going to do differently to minimize the risk of it happening again.





Being completely honest and following those steps in your apology won鈥檛 necessarily guarantee forgiveness, even though chances are you will be absolved. But your sincerity and desire to heal and repair will increase your self-esteem and self-respect, so you can look forward to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment