Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I have a question to the married couples out there. It's been six months since my husbands infidelity..?

It actually happened more than few times. I only dealt with it briefly. I buried the pain and tried not to let it show. As I mentioned before it's only been six months. Every month since the incident the woman he cheated with comes out of hiding and starts some trouble with us. The last time she did this was almost 2 weeks ago. Having this happen so often makes it very hard to heal and get back to ';normal';. Recently my husband and I decided to talk to each other more. We're trying to work on us. I decided to tell him how I felt about the infidelity then and now and how so many other problems followed behind it. He didn't respond well. He feels like I should forget it and be ready to move on. I thought he was being unreasonable. We recently decided to spend some time apart. I'm not so sure how I should feel anymore. I can't talk to him about it and I'm starting to wonder if our separation will be permanent. I'm not sure what to think.....or even how to feel. I love my hubby to no end. What am I to do? Can any one help me?I have a question to the married couples out there. It's been six months since my husbands infidelity..?
call the police... and file harassment charges against her.... have a restraining order put on her.





that should help you get the peace of mind you need.I have a question to the married couples out there. It's been six months since my husbands infidelity..?
It is completely unreasonable for a cheater to tell the faithful spouse that she should ';forget'; his infidelity and ';move on';. The only advice I have for dealing with an unreasonable person is don't.
Your husband f**ked up and is expecting you to just forget it? I would forget him. Since it was his screw up he should be an open book. He should answer your questions and deal with the skank he boinked. He needs to call her and tell her he's working on his marriage and if she continues to harass you he should get a restraining order.


No offense but your husband doesn't sound grown-up enough to have a successful marriage. Good luck though.
Six months??? How HAVE you handled the eeewwwwww factor.





Most women about vomit when they find they are married to a betrayer. And only 20% of marriages with betrayal are still in existence 5 years later, and that is with both in counseling, and both hoping to save it. Last I checked, 20% is as F in school, I'm sure it is an F in marriage, too.





I'd say, if you have kids, suck it up, and finish raising them together, if you can.





If you don't, in your place, I'd have gone within two weeks of knowing...








(uh, oh. Yes. Actually I did indeed do that. When I found out, when we got back to the States, I left. Took what I wanted, told him to sell the house, and we split our estate. He moved into an apartment, and I moved out of state. (I can work anywhere) There was no way I could have stayed. Betrayal is the only cut that goes to your heart.)
regardless of how much love you have for him hes done something that it sounds like you cant get past, and i dont blame you. why is she still coming around? if he cares about whats happening he'll go to the police and get a restraining order and in 2 weeks when she comes around again, he'll call them and enforce it so she sees his serious in not wanting to see her.





the other thing that worries me is that he seems to not have a lot of respect about your feelings. no one deserves that. he made a big mistake and should do whatever you ask of him until the trust is re-established. it sounds like he thinks you pushed him towards this and thats why he doesnt seem to care too much. if he doesnt care, then you should make the break permanent.
You need to go to counseling to try and make your marriage work. There are soo many issues to deal with. If you just forget about it and move on you will only hurt yourself. If you take him back easily he will also think that he can do it to you again and you will take him back. What a selfish jerk he is to tell you to forget it and move on.
your husband obviously doesn't care about you or your feelings to just expect you to forget it..he may do it again, so consider that..
Your husband is definitely being unreasonable. He destroyed your marriage. If he wants to try to rebuild it with you, he has to own up to his actions and accept the incredible amount of pain and damage he's caused.





Also, you might want to think about taking out a restraining order on the former bimbo. She shouldn't be getting in contact with either one of you. If your husband is sincere about getting past his infidelity, he needs to take steps to erase this woman from your lives.
Have you considered going to a marriage counselor? Perhaps they could help you with confronting this problem.





Has he ever told you why he cheated? If he hasn't confided in you the reasons for his infidelity, and the other woman keeps popping up, can the issue of infidelity ever pass? Probably not.





While he may feel uncomfortable about speaking about it, if you aren't ready to let it go, he needs to understand that you need to talk about it.
First of all, what have you done in the last 6 months to move past this? Are you dwelling on it or doing something constructive to heal from it? It may take counseling for you to come to terms with it. Time doesn't heal all wounds; it's what you do in that time that counts.





You also need to discuss with your husband what pushed him into another woman's bed. What was he missing from your marriage? I'm not saying it's your fault but obviously she was giving him something he wasn't getting at home and he didn't feel comfortable enough to talk to you to give you a chance to change it before he was in the other woman's bed.
Read - Contimplating Divorce: A Step by Step guide to deciding to stay or leave! Great way to find out the answers to those tough questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment