Friday, August 20, 2010

Why are surgery and anesthesia residents promiscuous?

I work in the OR and it seems like I am living in a soap opera! All the guys I work with are residents because it is a teaching institution in the swamp and very well known university in florida. I know its a college town and many single people looking for only fun but I know its more widespread than small college towns.





Anyways, I figure because they are doctors they enjoy their status and can always use it as an alibi (know first hand) that they should be respected and ';how can you think I am like that?'; sort of deal. But in reality and after years of seeing girls fall into the trap again and again I begin to wonder if it is all the single girl's fault for believing that they will be the lucky one to win the Mc dreamy anesthesia resident or if shame should be on those doctors that should keep such a respected profession clean and keep their instruments in their pockets? Who knows? I have seen more than a few girls throw themselves at them knowing they are married or in a relationship.





Either way am I the only one who thinks that relationships should be valued a little more now a days? It only keeps getting worse! Ruins families. Tears children's hearts apart because of infidelity.





Case in point: Male resident begins residency in July 2009 and all of a sudden is separated and thinking of divorcing wife who is patiently waiting and working in Pennsylvania. Come to find out this very good looking doctor is enjoying every single or willing woman in the hospital that he can flirt with. While his wife is waiting back home and tending to a small child, he seems to be breaking every heart he touches, because in reality he really is a loving man, after all he works taking care of others. He has lots of love to give. Is this okay?Why are surgery and anesthesia residents promiscuous?
Wow. Wasn't like that when I was in anesthesia residency. Maybe times have changed.





Surgeons tend to have problems with infidelity, though. I know a lot who have fooled around with nurses. Bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment